Calling all past, future and present athletes (especially Terrier Nation!) We've teamed up with RHHS Athletic Andrew Abraham ATC from Select Physical Therapy and are proud to announce our newly designed "Athletic Training Workout Challenge".
Participating is FREE and as easy as 1...2...3!
Step 1: Complete the online "Athlete Health Questionnaire"
- Instructions: We want our athletes to complete this 3 minute survey generated by Select Physical Therapy from their phone, tablet or computer. This survey will provide Select with an abundance of information related to the athlete including:
- Current list of sports they play and which they prioritize
- Targeted goals and function specific questions
- Past and present injuries and how they affect athlete’s daily living and sport participation
- Soreness and readiness scale
Upon completion, a movement score (1-100) will be generated for each athlete. Select will review all results and individually follow up with any athletes who may need it.
- Athlete Health Questionnaire Link: Click Here
Step 2: Check-In for your Weekly Challenge
- Instructions: Given the results of the survey, Select Physical Therapy will be generating a weekly workout challenge for the athletes. These challenges will be released once/week with detailed video breakdowns of each movement prescribed. Challenges will generally take less than 45 minutes and can be completed anywhere in the home/yard/driveway. Challenges will include 3 parts:
- Warm-up (Dynamic and static mobility)
- Strength (Using body weight or equipment everyone has in their home)
- High Intensity Workout to get our heart rates up.
- Weekly Workout Challenge Links: (See Below "Additional Forms and Files" and "Links")
Step 3: Post and Repeat!
- Be sure to take to social media and tag Rocky Hill Parks & Recreation and Select Physical Therapy! Be sure to check back on a weekly basis for our updated workout routines!
Note: Routines will remain posted online and available to start from the beginning.